Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 23: Magnolia Cupcake

Tonight after meeting a friend for dinner I went for a walk in the neighborhood. The weather was perfect for a stroll. People were eating at outdoor tables at the little cafe on the corner of Perry Street, and all along my walk, my neighbors were sitting on their stoops and talking to each other or looking out at the street.

On this walk, I allowed myself to have a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery (of Sex and the City fame). I say "allowed myself" because I have been consciously avoiding it so as not to get addicted to these cupcakes that are only two blocks from my apartment. Tonight was so perfect that I couldn't resist.

I took my chocolate cupcake with blue buttercream frosting back to my own stoop on Perry Street. Sitting there, I opened my new book of short stories and began to read, unwrapping my cupcake slowly as the story progressed. It was a deliciously wonderful end to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment