Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 23 (early): Rodents!

A little while ago, I heard a noise in the kitchen. It was a loud rustling. I knew that something other than the air conditioner was making that noise - and that something was alive.

After Alex told me in a phone pep talk that I should go out to the kitchen, I finally worked up the nerve to turn on the hall light and investigate the situation. The cookie from Subway that I had left for a future snack yesterday was eaten, its packaging torn into little shreds by tiny rodent teeth. My trashbag had bite marks in it. I was terrified: there are either mice or rats in my apartment, and neither one is a good thing!

I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight knowing that these little creatures could be running around my house. Needless to say, I immediately took the Subway cookie and the trashbag down to the basement to be thrown out - so hopefully they won't come back! Believe me, I won't be throwing any food away in this house again. Now I just want some sleep . . . hopefully uninterrupted by the pitter patter of little mouse or rat feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment